port seahorse won't upgrade properly

Dino Vliet dino_vliet at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 11:39:56 UTC 2008

Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:  On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:04:00 -0500, Dino Vliet
wrote:

> Uuuhhh, ok, you've got me here, I'm LOST.
>
> What KEYRING option? I didn't recall (dis)abling any option.

If you didn't tweak it then you didn't clean your ports tree before run it.

> [...]
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking what warning flags to pass to the C compiler...
> checking what language compliance flags to pass to the C compiler...
> checking what warning flags to pass to the C++ compiler... -Wall
> -Wno-unused
> checking what language compliance flags to pass to the C++ compiler...
> checking for DEPENDENCIES... yes
> checking for DBUS... yes
> checking for dbus-binding-tool... /usr/local/bin/dbus-binding-tool
> Using config source xml:merged:/usr/local/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults
> for schema installation
> Using $(sysconfdir)/gconf/schemas as install directory for schema files
> checking for gconftool-2... /usr/local/bin/gconftool-2
> checking for mkdtemp... yes
> checking for which engine to use... mozilla
> checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
> checking which gecko to use... firefox
> checking manual gecko home set... checking for compiler -fshort-wchar
> option... yes
> checking whether to enable C++ RTTI... no
> checking whether we have a gtk 2 gecko build... yes
> checking whether we have a gecko debug build... no
> checking whether we have a xpcom glue... no
> checking for gecko version... 1.8.1
> checking nspr in gecko... no
> checking nspr in system... yes
> checking whether we can compile and run XPCOM programs... no
> configure: error: Cannot compile and run XPCOM programs
> See `config.log' for more details.
> ===> Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
> "http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose the
> problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer
> cannot
> solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
> gnome at FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
> "/usr/ports/www/epiphany/work/epiphany-2.22.1.1/config.log", (b) the
> output
> of the failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output. Also, it
> might
> be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
> system
> (i.e. an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any website,
> copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use send-pr(1)
> with
> the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the mailing list
> (gnome at FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists
> are
> usually discarded by the mailing list software.
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/ports/www/epiphany.
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/ports/security/seahorse.
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/ports/security/seahorse.
>
> So still no solution for seahorse.
> Hope you know what's wrong and how it can be solved.

This is different problem now, it's not gnome-keyring anymore. This is
same with your yelp problem. I have no idea how to solve with your broke
gecko (firefox) stuff. Maybe you have old nspr/nss/firefox leftover that
wasn't remove, you tweak stuff or something else.

--
mezz7 at cox.net - mezz at FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team

Hey Thanks,

  This is the first time I've ever encountered this with my FreeBSD ports, that I reached a dead end:-(

  In the near future I will re-install my desktop os because I'm preparing a new server system where I will get to play with FreeBSD 7 stuff like gmirror, gjournal, gbde, MAC etc etc.
  Therefore this desktop system will be reinstalled.

  I admit I did not use /usr/ports/UPDATING frequently but will change that habbit in the future though because ommiting that step might have caused this.

  Thanks for your kind help though. I learned from it.

  Dino