ports/114219: [devel/boehm-gc] enabling redirect port knob causes segmentation fault when using libgc

Stanislav Sedov stas at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 14 06:10:03 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR ports/114219; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Stanislav Sedov <stas at FreeBSD.org>
To: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org, Net147 at hotmail.com, "Stanislav Sedov"
 <stas at freebsd.org>
Subject: Re: ports/114219: [devel/boehm-gc] enabling redirect port knob
 causes segmentation fault when using libgc
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:03:06 +0400

 On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 15:12:28 -0500
 "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net> mentioned:

 > Jonathan, you will have to build libc, libpthread, boehm-gc and inkscape
 > with debug then reinstall those. When you get segfault, check in
 > inkscape's config.log and see where it crashes at, and try to use gdb to
 > collect the backtraces. I personal would upgrade to FreeBSD 7.x instead
 > all of that headaches.

 Jeremy, can we force inkscape to build and link a static version of boehm-gc
 just like lang/Sather does? This way we'll allow people to have a customized
 version of boehm-gc while inkscape will successfully work by building gc with
 configuration it likes.

 --
 Stanislav Sedov
 ST4096-RIPE