Seahorse issues

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sat Apr 12 17:49:26 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-12 at 12:42 -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 01:11:55 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke
> <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > The problem is the fact that FreeBSD's mlock() requires setuid
> > privileges, and thus seahorse cannot allocate secure memory.  The
>
> Yesterday, I have found archives about mlock() in freebsd-arch at .
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2006-July/005496.html

Yes, this thread talks about the problem exactly.  The patch I just sent
out attempts to address this concern using a user-settable sysctl.
Peter is suggesting this be handled automatically by setting a
reasonable default limit on RLIMIT_MEMLOCK.

> It leads to:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/overcommit/index.html
>
> I am not sure if it's useful for this issue.

This doesn't look like it will help this issue.  This is dealing with
overcommitting swap.