Cannot auto-mount digital camera

Andreas Wetzel mickey242 at gmx.net
Thu Apr 10 16:49:13 UTC 2008

Lachlan Michael wrote:
> As an aside, the two windows  (FAT) partions are mounted successfully
> (but they are listed in /etc/fstab)  but neither do icons appear on the
> desktop as they used to. Instead, you have to look under "Filesystem"
> where they appear as ordinary directories. Perhaps this is intended.

Try not listing them in /etc/fstab. I have a total of three NTFS partitions
on my machine, all not listed in /etc/fstab, and Gnome has them automatically
mounted on /media/... with icons appearing on my desktop for each of them.

kind regards, Andreas

--
Keep it icy man.
I don't want to end up a corpse before my time because you were daydreaming.