what is gio-fam?

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Wed Apr 9 13:48:39 UTC 2008

On вівторок 08 квітень 2008, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
= > I'm trying to build graphics/vips, which works. Then I try to install
= > it, and that suddenly requires devel/gio-fam-backend.
=
= You need to follow the instructions in /usr/ports/UPDATING to upgrade
= all GNOME-related ports after GNOME 2.22 was merged.

So, once again, I have to update half of my ports in order to add a new port
to the system, that's happily functioning with the older version(s).

This is not right... I ought to be able to use the older gnome to my heart's
content, until a particular application begins to /require/ some new features
of the new gnome.

= gio-fam-backend is a new piece of glib which provides a wrapper around
= FAM to allow applications to monitor file objects using a glib API.

Thanks for the details.

	-mi