Gnome pausing forever if restarted too soon?

Yar Tikhiy yar at comp.chem.msu.su
Mon Apr 7 07:28:43 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Today I've got enough motivation to ask about a problem I've saw since
my first days with Gnome in FreeBSD. When I quit my current Gnome
session and start a new one in a moment, e.g., to test some new
settings, Gnome won't fully start: It will show the initial logo, load
some components, hide the logo, and then just pause with the empty
desktop. It doesn't seem to matter if I use gdm or startx. The
workaround I found is to kill Gnome-related processes left running
after I quit Gnome, but doing so each time is a bit annoying. Is it a
known issue? Sorry, I failed to find any references to it in the FAQs.

Thanks!

--
Yar