Sound Juicer and audio CD problems after 2.22

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Wed Apr 2 21:00:11 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 18:05 -0700, Scott Nicholson wrote:
> On Apr 1, 2008, at 5:02 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> >>
> >> Not satisfied with mere success, I tried to figure out what went
> >> wrong. After some tinkering, I discovered that my original problem
> >> was
> >> likely caused by changing which CD device I was trying to rip with. I
> >> have two and, I believe, I was attempting to get a cleaner rip on a
> >> scratched CD by trying the other. Doing so caused the 'device' string
> >> in gconf to become the scsi address. It looks like, when the default
> >> device is changed, breakage occurs. Both devices work by passing
> >> the '-
> >> d /dev/cdX' flag at the command prompt. I suppose I can just avoid
> >> using the alternate device for now, but it seems like a possible bug?
> >> Has anyone had success in changing the default device in sound
> >> juicer?
> >
> > What options do you see in sound-juicer for CD devices?  s-j uses
> > nautilus-cd-burner to get its drive info, but the SCSI address path
> > should noly be used by apps that need to call cdrecord.
>
> Sound Juicer preferences lists the devices as "IDE 16X" and "COMBO
> SOHC-4832K". I don't know if it helps at all, but I just tested
> nautilus-cd-burner and it works. It too lists these as it's device
> names.

Delete patch-src_nautilus-burn-drive-selection.c from
nautilus-cd-burner, and replace patch-src_nautilus-cd-burner.c with
http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/patch-src_nautilus-cd-burner.c .
Then reinstall n-c-b, clear out your sound-juicer device GConf key, and
see if you can properly switch CD devices.