make install gnome2 fails in gstreamer with missing file mpeg2.h

malcolm_green at tiscali.co.uk malcolm_green at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Sep 5 11:43:48 PDT 2007

Dear freebsd-gnome project
    I am using PCBSD 1.4RC and doing   make install  in
/usr/ports/x11/gnome2   . This fails in
/usr/ports/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins-mpeg2dec  because  file
gstmpeg2dec.c  includes file  gstmpeg2dec.h  which tries but  FAILS to
include file  mpeg2.h  because the latter file is MISSING. I have
noticed that file  gstmpeg2dec.h  exists in two other places but there
is NO SIGN of file   mpeg2.h  anywhere.

I installed my ports using  kports  from ftp://ftp.freebsd.
org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-stable/Latest/

If this is the wrong place to get them from then I apologise but PCBSD
dont advise you about this.

I would be gratefull for any help/advice. Thank you.

                                    regards

                                                    Malcolm Green (
malcolm_green at tiscali.co.uk  )