FreeBSD Port: gnome2-2.20.1

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Tue Nov 27 09:30:04 PST 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:04:59 -0600, Mike Lawrie
<mlawrie at 58havenvillage.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've encountered a problem installing gnome2 on my FreeBSD 6.2
> release. The last sensible output of the install is below my
> signature.
>
> It seems to me that the problem arises from the command
> /usr/local/bin/pygtk-codegen-2.0 trying to operate on the file
> /usr/local/share/pygth/2.0/defs/pango-types.defs, which does not
-------------------^^^^^

A typo, it should be pygtk. I have it in my system:

# ls -l /usr/local/share/pygtk/2.0/defs/pango-types.defs
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  12479 Oct 14 13:55
/usr/local/share/pygtk/2.0/defs/pango-types.defs

> exist on my system. I've tried to find this file somewhere, or a
> reference/pointer to further information about this file, with no
> success. Put another way, there is a shortcoming in the installation
> script for gnome2 on FreeBSD 6.2 release that you might wish to know
> about.
>
> I've done a "portsnap fetch update", and am trying to install gnome2
> with the command "portupgrade -N gnome2" without any success.
>
> Your help would be appreciated.

Please follow complete in http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/bugging.html
such as how did you reproduce (by show exactly command), what error in
output and everything what bugging.html has requested.

> Mike

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org