Status of ports/118030

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Nov 20 20:29:21 PST 2007

> Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:19:34 +1100
> From: "nrgmilk at gmail.com" <nrgmilk at gmail.com>

> --------------080909030101030800000600
>
> Hello.
>
> I tried follow things repeat for about two weeks.
> *portupgrade -fap
> *buildworld
> *buildkernel
> *all comment out in make.conf
> The following are make.conf that I am describing.
>
> JAVA_VERSION= 1.6+
> JAVA_OS= native
> JAVA_VENDOR= bsdjava
>
> LOCALIZED_LANG= ja
>
> WITH_CHARSET= utf8
> WITH_XCHARSET= all
> WITH_OPENSSL= YES
>
> PACKAGE_BUILDING=yes
> APR_UTIL_WITH_BERKELEY_DB=yes
>

> Error of BETA3 went out still.
>
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libkrb5.so.8, needed by
> /usr/local/lib/libexchange-storage-1.2.so, may conflict with libkrb5.so.23
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libroken.so.9, needed by
> /usr/local/lib/libexchange-storage-1.2.so, may conflict with libroken.so.19
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libgssapi.so.8, needed by
> /usr/local/lib/libexchange-storage-1.2.so, may conflict with libgssapi.so.2
> /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.8: undefined reference to `copy_octet_string'
> gmake[2]: *** [evolution-exchange-storage] Error 1
>
> it linked compulsorily.
> in /usr/lib
>
> ln -s libkrb5.so libkrb5.so.8
> ln -s libgssapi.so libgssapi.so.8
> ln -s libroken.so libroken.so.9
>
> libkrb5.so.8 -> libkrb5.so
> libkrb5.so -> libkrb5.so.23
> libkrb5.so.23
>
> libroken.so.9 -> libroken.so.19
> libroken.so -> libroken.so.19
> libroken.so.19
>
> libgssapi.so.8 -> libgssapi.so
> libgssapi.so -> libgssapi.so.2
> libgssapi.so.2
>
> portupgrade -fp mail/evolution-exchange
> The error disappeared when these were executed.
> and portupgrade -fp lib*
>
> links changed automatically
>
> in /usr/lib
> libkrb5.so -> libkrb5.so.8
> libkrb5.so.8
>
> libroken.so -> libroken.so.9
> libroken.so.9
>
> libgssapi.so -> libgssapi.so.8
> libgssapi.so.8
>
> Seemingly, it seems to have solved the problem.
> However, it is uneasy because it forcibly changed it by hand power.
>
> > Any status on this PR? I am having the same problem on multiple systems
> > and would like to resolve them, but, the patch shows up in the trouble
> > report as unformatted garbage, so I can't try it.
> >
> > Thanks,

Please don't top post!

Joe's analysis is completely right. The heimdal port was pulled in by
gnome-vfs and used by all gnome ports while evolution (and its kin)
linked to the system Kerberos libraries and that really generated a
bunch of conflicts.

I simply captured a list of all packages that depended in heimdal-1.0.1,
deleted heimdal-1.0.1, and ran 'portupgrade -fO' on all of those
ports. That made the builds of evolution and evolution exchange work
again.

I just wish I knew why the heimdal port was installed in the first
place.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)