installing gnome

Byung-Hee HWANG bh at izb.knu.ac.kr
Mon Nov 12 17:29:01 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 12:12 -0800, Michael Silverstein wrote:
> From the FreeBSD handbook:
>
>   5.7.1.2 Installing GNOME
>
>      The software can be easily installed from a package or the Ports
>      Collection:
>
>      To install the GNOME package from the network, simply type:
> # pkg_add -r gnome2

i would like to suggest `pkg_add -r -v gnome2-lite' ;;
gnome2-lite also good production!

> It ftp'd a whole load of .tbz files one after another ("Fetching .... done") fo
> r about an hour, then said
>
>      "Broken Pipe"
>
> and quit. Last fetch was gnome-games-2.16.1.tbz
>
> Does this mean
> a) I have successfully completed the installation?
> b) I have made some error?
> c) There is something wrong with pkg_add?
> d) ?

show us `uname -a' because installing package depends on -RELEASE
version. if you are using -STABLE or -CURRENT or -BETA, then you
encounter strange problems...

respect,
bh

--
"You'd better stop laughing. Don't you think I can do it, you son of a bitch?"
"I know you can do it. I wasn't laughing at what you said."