gnome-screensaver failure (dbus related) after recent updates

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu May 31 20:43:01 UTC 2007

On Thu, 31 May 2007 14:48:10 -0500, Kevin Oberman <oberman at es.net> wrote:

> Since the update to xorg 7.2 and recent gnome 2.18.2 updates I
> gnome-screensaver no longer works. It dies with the message:
>
> process 62665: arguments to dbus_connection_send_with_reply_and_block()
> were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file
> dbus-connection.c line 3168.
> This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
>   D-Bus not compiled with backtrace support so unable to print a
> backtrace

Here, I think you need to recompile with the debug to provide the
backtraces.

> Abort (core dumped)
> Exit 134
>
> Any idea what might fix this or what other data might help track it down?

I can't reproduce here. I normal don't have gnome-screensaver enable, but
I have tried to enable it and set idle to a minute. It works perfect here.
In my system is complete up to date today. Have you tried to restart all
services such as dbus, hal, avahi and etc yet?

> Thanks,

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org