grey background on xterm [??]

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Mon May 28 02:39:49 UTC 2007

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 08:21:47PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> (from Fri, 25 May 2007
> 15:21:53 -0700):
>
> >	Guys,
> >
> >	For months I get darker colors using terminal and ssh'ing into
> >	this server from others running Gnome and running mutt. I just
> >	discovered that running an xterm, the background is a deep off-white,
> >	a gray-something with black type.   I've played around with
> >	XTerm-color in the X11R6 app-defaults file, but still haven't figured
> >	out how to get a clean while background.  On most servers I run
>
> xterm is independend of gnome, see
> http://www.leidinger.net/X/xresources.html for how to use the X
> resources (and some prebuild examples for xterm).

	Many thanks for the URL!  I realize that xterm is a bit out of
	date, but if there is a way that I can hard-code several
	xterms into each of the four workspaces then that will be close
	to what I had in my previous wm, CTWM.

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix