segfaulting pidgin?

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 11 17:19:38 UTC 2007

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> am I the only one with a pidgin which is segfaulting on startup?

No, others have reported it, but I can no longer reproduce it.  The
problem stems from a symbol conflict between NSS and OpenSSL.  If you
remove the /usr/local/lib/pidgin/gevolution* files, the crashes should
stop.  Since I can't reproduce this anymore in 2.0.0, I'm not sure how
best to solve this.

Joe

> Here are the options I use:
> ---snip---
> # This file is auto-generated by 'make config'.
> # No user-servicable parts inside!
> # Options for libpurple-2.0.0.b7_1
> _OPTIONS_READ=libpurple-2.0.0.b7_1
> WITHOUT_SILC=true
> WITHOUT_GNUTLS=true
> WITH_NSS=true
> WITHOUT_SASL=true
> WITH_DBUS=true
> WITHOUT_PERL=true
> WITH_BONJOUR=true
> WITHOUT_SAMETIME=true
> WITHOUT_TCLTK=true
> ------
> # This file is auto-generated by 'make config'.
> # No user-servicable parts inside!
> # Options for pidgin-2.0.0.b7
> _OPTIONS_READ=pidgin-2.0.0.b7
> WITHOUT_SILC=true