ports/110646: hal/dbus crashes when connecting Zoom H4 USB mass storage device

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 27 04:50:38 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 21:53 -0400, Chess Griffin wrote:

> > There are no debugging symbols here.  You need to rebuild at least dbus
> > and hal with debugging symbols before this will be of any use.
> >
> > Joe
> >

> My apologies.  This is the first time I've reported something like this.
>
> I rebuilt hal, dbus, gnome-volume-manager, and gnome-power-manager
> with debugging symbols.  If there is anything else I need to rebuild
> to help with this please let me know.  Anyway, now the crash report
> looks like this:

Try http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/patch-hal_noslash and see if it
fixes this problem for you.  This is a patch against hal.

Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome