Rationale for the linux-fontconfig change in the gnome 2.18 update?

Wed Mar 21 18:31:58 UTC 2007

Hi Gnome team,

I would like to know the rationale for the install of a custom
fonts.conf instead of linking to the FreeBSD one as before.

Are the config files incompatible and if yes which version of
fontconfig do we need at least to be compatible? I would prefer to
update the fontconfig somehow instead of installing a custom fonts.conf
file.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
   169: Veganer
          Die, die ihre Kinder nicht säugen, weil das für die Mutter