Q) gnome-session 2.18.0 on -current

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Mar 14 16:46:31 UTC 2007

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:45:42 -0500, Yamada Ken Takeshi <ken at tydfam.jp>
wrote:

>   I upgraded to gnome 2.18 using Marcus's ports on -current.
>   Most of the programs were compliled successfully with gcc42,
> xorg-7.2.r3_4.  However, I cannot start gnome-session with the following
> error message.
>
> gnome-session
> SESSION_MANAGER=local/tyd3.sub.tydfam.jp:/tmp/.ICE-unix/1200
> Failed to get dbus-daemon's pid
> ** ERROR **: file gsm-dbus.c: line 118 (gsm_dbus_daemon_start):
> assertion failed: (dbus_daemon_pid != 0)
> aborting...

Are your dbus running?

http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html#full-gnome

>   By eliminating files/patch-gnome-session_gsm-dbus.c and recompile it,
> it started, but it was veeeerrrrry slow and was incomplete - window
> manager looked not starting.
>   Also, I have a problem with libxklavier-3.1,1 under xorg-7.2.r3_4, it
> complained miss match of program versions.

What error? We don't have any of xorg 7.x in our ports tree, so talk with
the xorg maintainers that who are working on the xorg development if they
provided test patches or whatever.

>   Are there any fixes?

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org