Firefox 2.0 freezes and crashes [a workaround solution]

Alexei 'keyhell' Zhurba keyhell at keyhell.org
Fri Mar 2 09:39:09 UTC 2007

Hi all,

There is an issue with Firefox2 at FreeBSD (I reproduced it at FreeBSD
6.2and FreeBSD
7.0): Firefox 2.0 segfaults when saving more than one file per session (see
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=105589). Unfortunately, it has
"State:closed" but issue is still reproduceable.

Today, after some my experiments I've found suitable workaround for this
issue (it is at least suitable for me ;) ). It is about libgnome. I have
only firefox using libgnome, so it was not a problem to deinstall it. After
libgnome was deinstalled my Firefox2 started work correctly (I've tried upto
30 savings ;) ).

As I see Firefox port doesn't require libgnome (but I remember that  one
time I had problems with firefox build without libgnome).

It still looks strange for me, so I'm looking for someone who wishes to test
hist firefox against this issue: reproduce segfault, then remove libgnome.

Thank you,

keyhell