some patches to improve some gnome ports

Sat Jan 6 11:47:12 PST 2007

Quoting "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net> (Sat, 06 Jan 2007 12:58:21 -0600):

> On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 09:08:24 -0600, Alexander Leidinger
> <Alexander at Leidinger.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > at http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/port-patches/ I have some patches
> > which also affect some gnome@ maintained ports.
> >
> >  - databases:libgda:files:patch-providers_gda-mysql-server_connection.c:
> >    * unbreaks with a recent gcc (3.4 on -current), important, without it
> >      I get a buildfailure
> >  - databases:libgda2.diff:
> >    * adds a conflict with libgda-0.*, because of at least gda-run
> >    * adds a message for FIREBIRD support
> >  - databases:libgda.diff:
> >    * adds a conflict with libgda2, because of at least gda-run
>
> Approved with all of above. Thanks!

Committed (With appropriate PORTREVISION bumps).

> >    * adds support for more DBs (I did this some months ago, lib
> >      versions may not be right anymore)
>
> Umm... I am not sure if it's right. Have you re-check the plist yet? If

No. Do you think it will change? So far I didn't noticed (no message
about plist problems on pkg_deinstall) anything (it should be compiled
with mysql 3.23 support on the machine I did this), but I didn't
searched for anything specific. For libgda2 I can find the mysql stuff
in a subdirectoy of the lib directory, for the libgda-0.x I can not
find something like this (also not with nm or ldd
in /usr/local/lib/libgda*).

> you want my honest opinion. I don't think it's worth to poke in libgda but
> if it's what you need/want then I have no problem with it as long as
> someone recheck the plist.

I don't need/want it, I just did it (a while ago) when I was playing
around with it... :-)

My mail was triggered because I had to compile libgda-0.x for an
gnucash update I have locally (I want to give it a try, but not the
outdated version we have in the ports). If someone is interested, the
patch is also available at the URL above. So far it runs, I didn't
tested anything except the quit functionality.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
BOFH excuse #33: