In cairo, implicit depenencies on librsvg2 and/or poppler?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Dec 27 11:41:53 PST 2007

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 13:35:20 -0600, Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>
>> I have fixed Deluge port by add librsvg2 dependency, so if one of port
>> that you have installed have SVG file or whatever then this port need
>> to add librsvg2 dependency.
>>
>> But if this port has no SVG file and is a image viewer or graphic
>> editor application, then user will have to install librsvg2 on their
>> own or you can add an OPTION for that to show users that it is need for
>> SVG file.
>
> Yeah, it sounds like this needs to happen on an application basis, but
> the problem is that in the one case that I followed through on locally,
> even with librsvg2 installed it still wouldn't render SVG images until I
> rebuilt cairo. That seems very incestuous to me, it would be nice if we
> could find a way to break that loop.

Oh wow, I see that cairo has option to enable librsvg2 backend... Damn
developers, they are making things complicate for packagers. :-/

Maybe there is way to split librsvg2 to see if cairo or/and ports can
depend on it.

> Doug

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org