ports/118481: big5-2003 in converters/libiconv

Alexander Nedotsukov bland at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 16 21:40:03 PST 2007

The following reply was made to PR ports/118481; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alexander Nedotsukov <bland at FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Cc: Wei-Hao Syu <whsyu at ntu.edu.tw>
Subject: Re: ports/118481: big5-2003 in converters/libiconv
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:37:52 +0900

 I understand the difference. My question was more about why you can not
 use BIG5-2003 when it appropriate? The point is BIG5 in its original
 form is not a subset of BIG5-2003. There are code points defined
 differently. So what you asking for is technically illegal. However if
 this is an *official* way you do it in Taiwan (which will be really
 weird case) please convince GNU libiconv developers to switchover.