FreeBSD Port: sysutils/hal

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Thu Aug 23 14:46:20 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 14:04 -0700, Kris Moore wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Is there any updates to the HAL ports in the works right now? I noticed
> that the version we are using is still 0.5.8.2 and they have 0.5.9 now
> available instead.
>
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/dist/
>
> Let me know whats going on, and if nobody has done this, I may fix up
> the port here and submit it back to you guys for inclusion.

There is only one pending update in my CVS tree.  I have not started the
work to merge 0.5.9 since it will not be trivial, and as far as I know,
there is still no official PolicyKit release.  I had planned to start
looking at updating HAL for GNOME 2.22.  It really isn't a big deal to
have the version of HAL we have now.  It's not like upgrading to 0.5.9
will bring any real FreeBSD improvements.

However, if you have interest in additional porting to the FreeBSD
backend, let me know.  There is a need to develop a cpufreq addon that
ties into powerd.