gimp:large tile sizes and large images on Freebsd

Bram bram at jeansgallery.be
Fri Aug 17 00:33:40 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've had problems with the gimp on freebsd when using large tile sizes.

See:
http://www.mail-archive.com/gimp-user%40lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/msg13040.html

I've been thinking about it and I don't want to use linux just for this
one thing, so I would really like to get this bug fixed.
I have no problem using the gimp for these pictures, it works better
than krita (wich crashes, seems to be a problem of a lot of the kde apps).
So is there any chance you guys could look into it, I am not a C
programmer and have no idea where to begin.
If the bug gets fixed by you guys I would like to do a small donation to
the freebsd-gnome project, is this possible ?

How to reproduce the bug:
set tile size to 512 or higher, open the gimp , open a very large image

kind regards