barbara.1975 barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it
Thu Nov 9 22:09:27 UTC 2006

> I saw this too, but it was a one-time thing.  If you right-click on the
> icons, and select "Restore normal size" they will return.  You can then
> re-position everything.  That will stick on subsequent logins.
> Joe

Sorry, I'm not in the mailing list so I can't reply directly.
I can confirm the problem.
In my case, it's true that only sometimes the icons "painted" by nautilus appear smaller.
But they pop in a random place *every time*, and the position is not saved.
I've also tried with a fresh created user with the same result.