It takes too long time to wait for some of gnome file dialogues in 2.14

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri May 26 08:09:13 PDT 2006

> From: Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova at sw.ru>
> Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 15:09:07 +0400
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>
> Hi
>
> It happens when I press gnome screen-shot key, for example.
>
> I should wait for several minutes while something happes.
>
> Same effect when I start gnumeric's open dialogue (by File->Open) or
> save as dialogue
> .
> But when I start gnumeric with document as command line option it just
> opens it.

This sounds a lot like what I was seeing after I upgraded to 2.14. Many
operations were just painfully slow.

I fixed it with "portupgrade -Rf gnome2", but that is a bit time
consuming. A recent thread indicates that rebuilding the icon cache may
do the trick.
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/2006-May/014564.html
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer