Gnome 2.14 not in main packages yet?

Scott I. Remick scott at sremick.net
Wed May 24 10:52:05 PDT 2006

I'm trying to install Gnome 2.14 from packages on a test system using
pkg_add -r. According to the FAQ, this should be possible:

http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html#q1

However, I keep getting 2.12. Was the FAQ updated prematurely, and 2.14
simply isn't on the main site yet? I even tried setting PACKAGESITE to
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages/Latest/ (since I'm on
6.1-RELEASE so it was pulling the old packages by default) but still got
2.12 even with that.

I know I can install from Marcus' tinderbox, so I'm trying that now... but
seems like it should work from the main FTP site according to the FAQ. ;)