Replace gnome-screensaver with xscreensaver

Jean-Yves Lefort jylefort at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 18 05:23:21 UTC 2006

On Wed, 17 May 2006 23:35:36 +0200
"Lars Stokholm" <lars.stokholm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since I noticed that gnome-screensaver (at least with the current
> port) hasn't got options for monitor power saving (as xscreensaver
> does), I want to replace gnome-screensaver with xscreensaver, as I'm
> offered to, during the compilation/installation of the GNOME port. How
> would I do that? Force a deinstallation of gnome-screensaver and
> install xscreensaver afterwards?

It has: Applications -> System Tools -> Configuration Editor, then
configure the dpms_* keys under /apps/gnome-screensaver.

--
Jean-Yves Lefort

jylefort at FreeBSD.org
http://lefort.be.eu.org/