gnome 2.14 performance degradation (slow app startup)

Stephen Bartlett stephen at bartlettsoftware.biz
Thu May 18 01:16:52 UTC 2006

Thus spake Michael Tran on Thu, May 18, 2006 at 09:42:52AM +1000:

> >create a script whose lines have the form:
> >

> Hi, do you have an example script that you are able to send to me?
> I'm not so great on my advanced scripting!
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Well, I did it by hand before, but I just came up with the equivalent
again:
==========
#!/bin/sh

locate index.theme | grep -v disabled | grep -v index.theme.in | \
  sed -e "s/^\(.*\)index.theme$/gtk-update-icon-cache --force \1/"

That spits out the content of a script that will do the work.  Save the
output in a file, use 'chmod +x <file>', and run it.

- Stephen
--
Stephen Bartlett
President, Bartlett Software, Inc.