Unable to save sessions with gnome-terminals

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed May 17 19:23:56 UTC 2006

Since the upgrade to 2.14 I have been unable to save my session when I
have active gnome-terminals (which I always do). Either
"gnome-session-save --gui" or selecting "Automatically save changes to
session" in Desktop->Preferences->Sessions results in gnome-terminal
crashing.

I have not had a chance to try to build with debug symbols so far and
I'm very unsure just how much I might need to rebuild. For now I have
just yanked the gnome-terminal startup from an old .gnome2/session file
which I saved a while ago. Ugly, but it works.

Pending my getting a bit of free time, does anyone else see this and is
there a fix/work-around?

Thanks,
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer