[ports-i386@FreeBSD.org: glibmm-reference-2.10.2 failed on i386 5]

Jean-Yves Lefort jylefort at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 13 20:45:15 UTC 2006

On Sat, 13 May 2006 16:12:20 -0400
Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

> On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 09:49:43PM +0200, Jean-Yves Lefort wrote:
> > On Sat, 13 May 2006 15:18:03 -0400
> > Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

> > > I don't know what you mean by this, but the error below comes from gm4
> > > not being listed as a dependency.
> >
> > I mean that glibmm-reference does not need gm4; it needs
> > glibmm:configure, which needs gm4.
>
> When you use a :target dependency you also need to add the relevant
> things it depends on to your port, by hand.  This is because correctly
> following :target dependencies would be very complex to do correctly,
> and since it's only used in a handful of cases we do not bother.
>
> Take a look at the pm3* ports for examples of recent such fixes.

This port is correct, as evidenced by a test build in my own porttest
(which supports depend targets). Fix pointyhat, add hacks to this port
yourself, or have a gnome co-maintainer do it.

--
Jean-Yves Lefort

jylefort at FreeBSD.org
http://lefort.be.eu.org/