devel/nspr failing prtests

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sat May 13 03:58:38 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 14:44 +1000, Geoffrey Giesemann wrote:
> Should nspr be passing all its prtests on a 6.1-RELEASE x86 box?

Apparently not.

> The following tests are causing grief:
>
>  - forktest fails
>  - socket never finishes - ktrace shows it looping endless around:
>         50838 socket   CALL  poll(0xbeef3e20,0x1,0x1388)
>         50838 socket   RET   fork 0
>         50838 socket   CALL  kse_release(0x8076f40)
>         50838 socket   RET   kse_release 0
>         50838 socket   CALL  poll(0xbeef3e20,0x1,0x1388)
>         50838 socket   RET   fork 0
>         50838 socket   CALL  kse_release(0x8076f40)
>         50838 socket   RET   kse_release 0
>         (etc etc)
>
> (or should this be directed into the appropriate Bugzilla?)

Actually, the socket failure might point to a bug in our IPv6 stack.
The test that locks up is the UDP client/server IPv6/IPv4 test (and all
the TCP tests pass).  The fork test looks like a potential problem in
libpthread.  Running the same test using libthr instead of libpthread
does not trigger the abort message, but the test appears to lock up in
[lthr].

That said, we do not appear to be having any practical problems with
nspr.  That is, Gecko browsers and Evolution (some of the biggest nspr
consumers) operate fine.