faild to upgrade epiphany-extensions-2.14.1

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri May 12 15:26:45 UTC 2006

> From: Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova at fbsd.ru>
> Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 12:59:46 +0400
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>

> Stop in /usr/ports/www/epiphany-extensions.
> ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa /tmp/portupgrade23146.4 make
> ** Fix the problem and try again.
>
> config.log in attachment (gzipped)
>
> part of it:
> | #include <pcre.h>
> |
> |                                  int main() {
> |                                    int t;
> |                                    return (pcre_config (PCRE_CONFIG_UTF8, &t) || !t);
> |                                  }
> configure:23737: result: no
> configure:23744: error: pcre does not support utf-8

epiphany-extensions now requires pcre-utf8 in place of pcre. You should
be able to 'pkg_delete -f pcre-6.6_1' and 'portinstall pcre-utf8'. Then
'pkgdb -Ff' and things should work correctly.

I think all of the Gnome ports have now been updated to use pcre-utf8,
but it is possible that there might be issues for any non-Gnome ports
that use pcre. If there are, I have not seen them so far. I think
pcre-utf8 is supposed to be compatible with pcre with the added support
for utf-8 coding, so nothing should break.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)