Very slow screensaver with 2.14

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue May 9 01:34:45 UTC 2006

> On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 07:47:02AM -0400, Christian Lopez de Castilla Wagner wrote:
>
> > Same problem here.
> > As a matter of fact, everything under Gnome since the 2.14 upgrade is
> > unbelievably slow (if I remember correctly, when it was released I read
>
> I had the same problem but I could solve it with a complete rebuild of
> x11/gnome2: "portupgrade -Rf x11/gnome2". Now it's indeed faster than
> 2.12.

I did the same on my laptop and it made a huge difference. No to do it on the system with the 22 second delay!

I do wish I knew exactly what caused this, but it seems that even with the 2.14 simplified upgrade, it's really best to rebuild EVERYTHING. :-(
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)