Ruby/Gnome2 + Ruby/Gtk

Dominic Marks dom at helenmarks.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 11:57:10 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've been trying to build the ruby gtk2 bindings from:

http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/

I downloaded this file:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ruby-gnome2/ruby-gtk2-0.15.0.tar.gz?download

I have Gnome 2 and Ruby installed on my Desktop, then followed the
README which consists of a 'ruby extconf.rb; make; make install'. It
seems like the glib2 binding fails to build, but the others are ok.
The end result is that I can't use the bindings:

> irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'gtk2'
LoadError: no such file to load -- glib2
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/gtk2/base.rb:12:in
`require'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/gtk2/base.rb:12
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/gtk2.rb:11
        from (irb):1
irb(main):002:0>

Has anyone got this to work? If so I'd love to know how.

I've attached a log of the build as well.

Thanks,
Dominic