NPAPI/XPI support in native gecko apps and other ports

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 1 19:51:46 UTC 2006

On 8/1/06, michael johnson <ahze at ahze.net> wrote:
>  I know very little about the XPI work you've done, I've read a
>  bit about it but I haven't really dug my hands in to it.  From what
>  I've read it looks pretty good.

Thanks.

> I do have a question on how everything works, esp. with
> gecko.plug.diff patch.
>
> With the gecko.plug.diff patch plugins must be installed before
> installing a gecko for them to be seen by gecko?

This patch is needed for two things:
1. Enable plugins automatically if a gecko is installed after a "miniport"
2. Clean up symlinks for a successfull deinstallation

If a plugin is installed after a gecko, it works all right even without
the patch.