totem-gstreamer and amd64

Pascal Hofstee caelian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 08:55:58 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 01:28 -0700, Pascal Hofstee wrote:
> Yuri pointed out totem-gstreamer dumps core upon startup for him. I
> checked for myself and yes sir ... you've guessed it .. more 64bit
> pointer truncation.
>
> As can be seen in the backtrace below ... the pointer truncation takes
> place between stack-frame #4 [data->user_data=0x80634c770]
> and stack-frame #1 where it is passed truncated to the compare_interface
> function [interface=0x634c770].

i did some additional looking into the issue ... and from my
investigation so far i think the problem lies in the passing of the
function pointer argument to the gst_iterator_fold function call ..

There's a typecast being done for the function pointer argument
(GstIteratorFoldFunction) find_colorbalance_element

and i think it's the missing prototype definition for
GstIteratorFoldFunction that causes the problems here. That prototype
Seems to be declared in /usr/X11R6/include/gst/gstiterator.h

I tried simply adding #include <gst/gstiterator.h> to the
src/backend/backon-video-widget-gst-0.10.c-file ... but apparently
that's not enough.

Hopefully this will provide some additional information to sort out this
problem.

--
  Pascal Hofstee