Successfully building ekiga

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Tue Apr 4 15:41:26 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 15:02 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> * Jeremy Messenger:
>
> > We have no insterest with gnomemeeting/ekiga.
>
> Well,  I'm  certainly missing  something  because  the Gnome  2.14
> [1]Release  Notes mention  that Ekiga  is  now part  of the  Gnome
> Desktop.  Could  you please develop further?   Your phrasing looks
> very unpleasant to me...  BTW, who is « we »?  In the name of whom
> are you talking?

It doesn't seem like anyone on the FreeBSD GNOME Team has the equipment
to use ekiga thoroughly.  Thus if we were to be the maintainers, we
would not be able to fully evaluate updates.  kwm might be the one
exception, but he has been AWOL for a while now.

> > If we want to maintain gnomemeeting/ekiga, we would have done it
> > long time ago. ;-)
>
> Does it mean nobody is interested  in ekiga?  If this is the case,
> shall I will keep the port private for me, myself and I?

Not true!  I'm sure there are other users that would be interested.  We
would be more than happy to commit your work.