gedit 2.14.1 crashes on exit

Michael Tran dublue at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 05:05:29 UTC 2006

On 4/2/06, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 18:50:19 -0600, Michael Tran <dublue at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 4/2/06, Marcin Gondek <drixter at e-utp.net> wrote:

> >> tree.

> >> two,

> Have one of you tried this?

> >> when I
> >> >

> >> Here is the dump:
> >> http://fido.e-utp.net/~drixter/gnome/gedit.txt
>
> You still need to recompile those with debug.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/develfaq.html#q3
>
> >> If you need more info, let me know.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Marcin Gondek
> >> http://fido.e-utp.net

> > I think my dump was in the attachment I sent with my original message.
> >  If it isn't, let me know and I'll try again.  I'm new to debugging
> > but the file Marcin provided looked similar to mine?
>
> Your attach has never make it in the list. You need to upload it in
> somewhere then show us your URL.
>
> Cheers,
> Mezz
>

> --
> mezz7 at cox.net  -  mezz at FreeBSD.org
> FreeBSD GNOME Team
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/  -  gnome at FreeBSD.org

I have just tried:
1. rm -fr ~/.gconf* and running and closing gedit but the error
message still appears.
2. editing /etc/make.conf with that found in FAQ #3 from your link.
Removed gedit and readded it using the ports.  Still the same error.
Was I supposed to reinstall all of gnome with the debug flags?
3. creating a new user, logging in with that user and running/closing
gedit.  Still the same problem.

Sorry, I didn't know attachments got removed.  Here is the latest
backtrace (with the /etc/make.conf additions).
http://dublue.com/gedit2.14.1.txt