Gstreamer 0.10 playback error

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Apr 1 20:04:50 UTC 2006

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 06:02:31 -0600, Thomas <freebsdlists at bsdunix.ch> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Alistair Sutton schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anybody else seen the following error when trying to playback a
>> file through gstreamer 0.10?
>>
>> (ajs at falter) ~/Audio/Various> gst-launch playbin
>> uri=file:///home/ajs/Audio/Various/wasted.mp3
>> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
>>
>> ** (gst-launch-0.10:21611): WARNING **: could not link
>> audio/x-raw-int, endianness=(int)1234, signed=(boolean)true,
>> width=(int)32, depth=(int)32, rate=(int){ 8000, 11025, 12000, 16000,
>> 22050, 24000, 32000, 44100, 48000 }, channels=(int)[ 1, 2 ]: -4
>> Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
>> Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
>> Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
>> New clock: GstSystemClock
>>
>> The process then just sits there until I CTRL-C it.
>>
>> Playing the file manually with the following command works however:
>>
>> (ajs at falter) ~/Audio/Various> gst-launch filesrc location=wasted.mp3 !
>> mad ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! osssink
>>
>> Testing the sound using gstreamer-properties produces the test beep as
>> expected.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> As marcus wrote in an earlier email in this mailing list:
>
> "Known issue. you need to switch from using the OSS sink to the ESD
> sink, and it will work."
>
> Mp3 worked for me after the change to ESD. I now have trouble with
> xvid/divx with totem.

Yep, I can reproduce the XviD/DivX problem. I have no idea how to debug
it, because it doesn't crash or whatever. It's just a misbehave like if I
run XviD/DivX and it will pause by itself then I had to press pause/play
button to make it plays again, but it will always pause at the every a few
seconds after I click on pause/play button again and again.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Cheers,
> Thomas