Update for JPI_LIST.

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Sep 23 10:33:15 PDT 2005

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:00:32 -0500, Greg Lewis <glewis at eyesbeyond.com>
wrote:

> All,
>
> Attached is a patch to update the JPI_LIST variable in the firefox,
> mozilla and mozilla-devel ports.  It removes the 1.3.1 plugins (these
> have had security problems for some time), the 1.4.1 plugin (ditto
> plus anyone using 1.4 almost certainly has 1.4.2) and

Leave them alone are probably the best thing to do, since they exist in
ports tree and if one of them have any security issue then Java port
should be disable, not us. Also, it's up to the user's decision if they
want to use old Java as they exist in ports tree.

Well, if old Java will not work with Firefox at all then the remove is
reasonable.

> corrects the patch for the 1.5.0 plugin now that we have
> functioning.
>
> Any objections?

No object for 1.5.0 plugin fix, but let me merge your fix of 1.5.0 plugin
with another fix that will do the bump PORTREVISION at the same time. I
will commit it in the evening to see if your topic will get more feedback.

The another fix I am talking about is
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/86430 .

FreeBSD GNOME Team