devel/glib20

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Oct 10 13:37:04 PDT 2005

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:14:18 -0500, Dirk Meyer <dirk.meyer at dinoex.sub.org>
wrote:

>> Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> >It seems to me taht perl ist not required to
>> >run and use applications with glib20.
>
> Alexander Nedotsukov schrieb:,
>> There is glib-mkenums which unfortunately is nothing else but perl
>> script. So glib20 itself needs USE_PERL5.
>
> I see ... but this sript is called only used on builds,
> not wile running programs.
>
> So I would think USE_PERL5_BUILD will still cover this program?

Why would we want glib-mkenums doesn't work by default, because it doesn't
has Perl installed? ruby-gtk2/ruby-gnome2 (and maybe librsvg2 too?) use
glib20's glib-mkenums for build, so I think keep Perl in the runtime
dependency is good for apps and users/developers that want to use
glib-mkenums.

> kind regards Dirk

FreeBSD GNOME Team