Firefox is not currently set as your default browser ...

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Sat Oct 1 09:44:02 PDT 2005

El Sábado, 1 de Octubre de 2005 17:56, Kiffin Gish escribió:
> Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> >El Sábado, 1 de Octubre de 2005 16:41, Kiffin Gish escribió:
> >>Every time I fire up Firefox I get the annoying message 'Firefox is
> >>not currently set as your default browser. Would you like to make
> >> it your default browser?'
> >>
> >>Even if I check the checkbox 'Always perform this check when
> >> starting Firefox' and then hit the [Yes]-button, the setting is
> >> never saved for some reason.
> >>
> >>Meaning the next time I start Firefox it gives the same message
> >>again, and again, and again...
> >>
> >>Also, even after I have (supposedly) changed Firefox to the default
> >>browser and goto Edit | Preferences | General | Default Browser and
> >>hit the [Check Now]-button, I get the same message stating that
> >>Firefox is not the default browser.
> >>
> >>Can anyone help me?
> >
> >launch firefox, open about:config and make
> >browser.shell.checkDefaultBrowser false.
> >
> >--
> >  josemi
>
> Sure that works, but then Firefox is NOT my default browser, or is
> it?

That depends on what it's installed.

The browser.shell.checkDefaultBrowser config only affect gnome desktop,
and after building from ports with WITH_SMB enabled (really, gnomevfs
integration).

If you need a 'desktop integrated' browser, use the desktop default
(epiphany) or the tools in the desktop to configure this (default
apps).

You can't reach a Windows like DefaultBrowser concept here, sorry.

--
  josemi