Firefox is not currently set as your default browser ...

Kiffin Gish kiffin at gish.demon.nl
Sat Oct 1 07:41:50 PDT 2005

Every time I fire up Firefox I get the annoying message 'Firefox is not
currently set as your default browser. Would you like to make it your
default browser?'

Even if I check the checkbox 'Always perform this check when starting
Firefox' and then hit the [Yes]-button, the setting is never saved for
some reason.

Meaning the next time I start Firefox it gives the same message again,
and again, and again...

Also, even after I have (supposedly) changed Firefox to the default
browser and goto Edit | Preferences | General | Default Browser and hit
the [Check Now]-button, I get the same message stating that Firefox is
not the default browser.

Can anyone help me?

--
Kiffin Gish