Serios Evolution troubles

Juergen.Dankoweit at t-online.de Juergen.Dankoweit at t-online.de
Wed Nov 30 18:54:17 GMT 2005

Hello to the list,

I'm sitting here for hours to solve a problem that comes up today
morning on several clients:
After logging in the nautilus splash screen does not go away. Only
clicking on it destroys the splash window. Then users tried to start
Evolution, but nothing came up. So I looked in the log-files:
.xsession-errors: ld-elf.so.1: assert
faild: /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf/i386/reloc.c:290
/var/log/messages: (evolution-alarm-no), uid xxxx: exited on signal 6

What's going on there? The system wasn't changed since a year and until
today morning there were no problems. It is the first time that I see
this error message .
I need your help very urgent because in Evolution some users stored
about 100 dates and emails. The system must run again tomorrow.

Additional infos:
OS: FreeBSD 5.3
GNOME 2.8
Evolution 2.0.3
Evolution Data Servcer 1.0.3
Evolution Webcal 2.0.1_1

I do not have the possiblity to compile the whole desktop with debug
option.

Many thanks for your help.

Jürgen