gdm keyboard

Stefan Thurner thurners at nicsys.de
Sat Nov 26 09:40:16 GMT 2005

> FirstVT=9
> VTAllocation=true

Yes I found the same solution for the problem. But why does not
everybody encounter this problem.

To me it seems that the speed of the computer and how fast all virtual
terminals are spawned before gdm is started is the reason for the
problem. On slower computers gdm is started before all virtual terminals
are spawned and then gdm takes one of the active virtual terminals.

Isn't it save to use VTAllocation by default when gdm is started via the
rc-script?

-Stefan
--
GPG-encrypted mail welcome! --> ID:E970FCBE