Gnome-Update Caveat

Jeff Isaac cineveggie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 22:05:24 PST 2005

Hello!
    I apologize in advance if this is the improper protocol for
reporting an error, however I had to go rooting through the script file
to find this address. I just wanted to alert you to a small installation
caveat that I encountered. I noticed that the first step in installation
was to install portupgrade, however, the port installation for this
requires user input (there is a portupgrade installation options screen)
which caused my installation to hang (without feedback from the script,
and only revealed with some coaxing from tail -f), which required me to
install portupgrade manually before proceeding with the script.
Admittedly I am new to large build projects such as this, but I just
thought that you might wish to alert fellow script users! Thanks!
- Jeff Isaac
Happy FreeBSD Addict :-)