Keyboard cannot input char under gnome login

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Tue Nov 22 00:21:23 PST 2005

El Lunes, 21 de Noviembre de 2005 07:26, wason wei escribió:
> Well, my problem has been solved with the help of Vladimir
> Timofeev(vovkasm at gmail.com) in another way.
>
> I copy /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc to ~~/.xinitrc and change it
> to run gnome-session. and then manual type "startx".
>
> However, If I add a new line: gdm_enble="YES"  to /etc/rc.conf to let
> the FreeBSD auto-start the gnome, the keyboard still didn't work. I
> try to use you method, but it is a little beyond me because I am just
> a fresh user of FreeBSD. I will refer to the handbook of FreeBSD to
> get more help

as root, edit /usr/X11R6/etc/gdm/gdm.conf and search for FirtsVT. set
FirstVT=9
VTAllocation=true

--
  josemi

Note: I don't use gdm, but I recall that X vt's are one more than gettys
and stock xdm go on ttyv8 on /etc/ttys.
--
This mail was scanned by AntiVir Milter.
This product is licensed for non-commercial use.