OpenOffice 2.0 under Gnome 2.12.1

P.U.Kruppa root at pukruppa.de
Fri Nov 11 09:17:01 PST 2005

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, Rob Mason wrote:

> I have the linux module loaded, but must confess that I've never had the need
> to use it. How would I go about install the linux versions of OOo -
> pkg_add???
No, sorry it won't be that simple.
1) Download the Linux stuff from www.openoffice.org - mine is
    called
    OOo_2.0.0_LinuxIntel_install_de.tar.gz (de for german)
2) # gunzip OOo_2.0.0_LinuxIntel_install_de.tar.gz
3) # tar zxf OOo_2.0.0_LinuxIntel_install_de.tar
    which will produce a - besides other stuff - a directory
    called RPMS .
4) # cd RPMS
5) # rpm -i --nodeps --ignorearch --ignoreos *
6) For some Linux reasons all executables now are placed in a
    directory called /opt/openoffice.org2.0

Good Luck!

Uli.