OpenOffice 2.0 under Gnome 2.12.1

Rob Mason rob at bsdbox.homeunix.com
Wed Nov 9 08:00:41 PST 2005

Hi All,

I've just completed a fresh install of FBSD-6.0, have cvsup'd ports, and
have installed 2.12.1.  Everything works fine.  I've just attempted to
download the OpenOffice 2.0 (FBSD 6.0 version) binary from
http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/ and run a 'pkg_add' against the tbz
file.  It appears to have worked, but the binary won't run - it gives
quite a screenful of Gtk errors and hangs (if I run it from a shell).

Has anyone successfully got OpenOffice 2.0 running with FBSD-6.0 and
Gnome 2.12???

TIA

Rob

Outgoing mail scanned by the ClamAV opensource Anti-Virus scanner.