Failed to build eclipse with gnome 2.12 (failed on cario)

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Tue Nov 8 19:15:17 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 10:11 -0800, Sean McNeil wrote:

> > >One caveat (as mentioned on another thread) - The patches incorporated
> > >only fix the problem for x86.  amd64 systems still fail to build
> > >properly.
> > >

> > Very strange. The build log you showed in eclipse@ looks exactly like
> > cairo related build faulre w/o patches commited yesterday. Are you sure
> > you have file manualpatch-plugins-swt-cairo in files/ directory?
> > As last resort I can recommend to build eclipse with WITHOUT_CAIRO=yes
> > for now.
>
> Positive.  The problem is that amd64 uses a different SWT:
>
> plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk.freebsd.amd64
>
> plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk.freebsd.amd64/src/Eclipse SWT
> PI/cairo/library/cairo.c needs to be patched as well.

To follow up, it appears that the files patched are just for the
standard 32-bit implementation.  For 64-bit, those files appear to be
copied over then regenerated from the class file.  So, the problem is
that Cairo.java is not patched and it doesn't correspond to the new
cairo.c.  Using cairo in its current state should not really be possible
even on i386 as they don't match up.

Sean